General discussion

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

By sillyou ·
I recently installed a HP C5 190A scanner, and since then, the HP DeskJet 832C printer has been extremely tempermental. The printer and scanner are not connected to one another - the printer is connected directly to one of the HP Pavilion USB portsand the scanner is directly connected to the computer, as well. When I try to print, I receive an error message and am prompted to check the printer to make sure it is online, etc. When I reboot, the printer works fine. Thirty minutes later, when I try to print something else, I receive the same error message. Rebooting each time I need to print something is a bit ridiculous. I have tried switching USB ports, but to no avail. I have also deleted and reinstalled the printer, plus I downloaded the latest printer driver with no luck. I am thoroughly frustrated. Please respond with layman's terminology. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

by McKayTech In reply to HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

It sounds like a driver conflict between the scanner driver and the printer driver. I couldn't tell from your posting whether the scanner also has a USB interface but since you have already updated the printer driver, I would try updating the scanner driver and see if that helps.

It would also be interesting to know what happens if you unplug the scanner - does the problem still happen? Also, you might want to search HP's Knowledge Base and see if there are any known USB issues with the version of OS you are using (Win95 OSR2.5, Win98, etc.) And finally, when you get the error message, you might want to check Device Manager and see if it indicates any hardware conflicts. Hope that gives you a start towards a solution.

regards!
paul

Collapse -

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

by sillyou In reply to HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

by wasguru In reply to HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

Ok well I don't have a scanner hooked up to this printer but I do receive the same error messages and I don't usually have to reboot. All I do is turn the printer off wait a few seconds and then turn it on again and resend the job and sure enough itworks!

Collapse -

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

HP DeskJet 832C voodoo

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)