General discussion

hp omnibook 4150

By tommarsh ·
Need Help with omnibook 4150
after running the built in diagnostics-the unit won't power up. It starts to for about 3/5 seconds and powers off.
Is there a keyboard combination to unlock it/reset ??
I was installing Win2KPro and was all done excewpt for the BIOS fix which i didn't know about until i had already installed the OS over NT4.0 workstation.
Here's the other big problem-no A drive and so i had tried to setup an external zip drive to boot from and it didn't like the iomega softwareAT ALL.
I was hoping to run a debug and wipe the hd clean and start over.
please help me-it's my girlfriends laptop-i'm bummed and feeling stupid.
Thanks, Tom

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

hp omnibook 4150

by emmajoe In reply to hp omnibook 4150

Hi Tom

A couple of things could be happening here, one if the BIOS was not upgraded for use with 2000 this could be assisting in the pc not powering on properly, if there is any possibilty of getting a Floppy disk module for that I would then getthe new BIOS installed. If you cannot do that they try resetting the system, there will be a reset button next to the USB port on the laptop. It could be a problem with the power board or mainboard so I would also advise contact the mmanufacturer for support on the product as if it comes to the crunch you might need it serviced
Regards
Emma

Collapse -

hp omnibook 4150

by tommarsh In reply to hp omnibook 4150

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

hp omnibook 4150

Thanks everyone for your help.
It turned out that my girlfriend did indeed have an a drive hidden away and forgot to tell me about it.
The reset switch did the job and i was able to reinstall an earlier windows.
As luck would have it-she pushed the reset, power, funtion keys, space bar, etc, all at once and at random-and it booted up.
I've learned a lot from this experience-never underestimate the power of a woman. (-:}

Collapse -

hp omnibook 4150

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

hp omnibook 4150

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)