Question

• Creator
    Topic

I5-6400 only using 1 core

by mrxlfred ·

Tags: 

Hello everyone! I’m not sure if anyone has actually encountered this before. But, here’s the thing. I’m currently using I5-6400 (i’m only specifying this part because this is probably the only important one) which is supposed to have 4 cores. However, ever since this desktop was repaired. It has only been using 1 core. When this was broken, a lot of its parts were replaced, namely: PSU, Mobo, RAM, and HDD. The HDD was used is an HDD from an old AIO that we had here lying around. In the BIOS, it does allow me to modify it up to 4 cores, however, when I do, it doesn’t boot up. It just freezes. I’ve tried a lot of things. But none of them have worked. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Thanks!

You are posting a reply to: I5-6400 only using 1 core

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our Community FAQs for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Try this

by jessewalter375 ·

In reply to I5-6400 only using 1 core

Try to update or reset the BIOS.
      Also, check if it can be replaced under warranty.

Really sounds as if the M’Board

by oh smeg ·

In reply to I5-6400 only using 1 core

Is not compatible with that CPU you’ll need to check the M’Board Makers List of Compatible CPU’s to see what if anything needs changing but a BIOS Update may cure it but if you have never done a BIOS Update previously I must warn you messing things up and turning the M’Board into a Useless Paperweight is very easy so if in doubt don’t touch.

Viewing 1 reply thread