Question

IBM SERVER X335 - HARD DISK

By james.baidoo ·
Hi
I bought an IBM eServer x335 on ebay and i cannot get it to recognize my hot-swap hard drive. I tried installing vmware Esxi server, and windows server 2003 on it but the hard drive couldn't be found. I understand it has to be a scsi driver or some sort of software i need to make this work. I looked on the IBM website but nothing seemed to be the solution to my problem. I am a complete newbie when it come to scsi drives. I know there are some of you out there who know exactly what i have to do to make this work. I am desperate please help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try this..

by heludaye In reply to IBM SERVER X335 - HARD DI ...

maybe your HDD is not compatible with your mother board. or try to change the jumper setting of your HDD. or your connection is not working.

Collapse -

connection/ compatibility

by james.baidoo In reply to Try this..

The hard drive is exactly the one recommended by IBM for this product. It is 73.4 SCSU U320 80 PIN tray option and when i slide it into the hot swap cage, the led lights up green and then goes off. From a documentation i read, if the drive was bad or incompatible, the light will stay lit or the system error led will come on.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)