Question

Installing SBS 2003

By acmahajan ·
Hello!
I have a new DELL server ,conf 2GB RAM,XEON Processor,250 GB SATA HDD.I want to install SBS 2003 ,but i dont know how to start,i have never installed a server before ,can someone please send me links,suggestions..etc
What i want server to do
1>file and print,DHCP,mail & web server services
2>Share point service
3>Exchage server
4>Active Directory
thanks and regards

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

If it's Dell

by CG IT In reply to Installing SBS 2003

Dell has their own software for installing all necessary drivers, and O/S. Use their installation CD.

Once you install SBS just following the on screen prompts and run the Wizards located in the Things to Do list under server management.

Very little manual configuration required.

Collapse -

Drivers and OS installed

by acmahajan In reply to If it's Dell

Dell has already installed Drivers and OS for me , i also receive a screen where it tells me to enter the computer name. But i don?t know what to do after that. Though i will try to look things under Server Mgmt.
Things like how much Data space or Page File space should i leave? Which applications should i install first?

I also have one more issue:
i have two broadband connection(one with 256kbps and other with 512kbps )with me and the server has two network adapters.
Two broadband connection because if one A1 goes down(or is dead) internet operates on other B1.
Now, can i merge these in two N/W adapters. If yes how ?

Basically we have peer to peer network in which A1 Broadband connection is for the 10 Desktops and B1(which is wireless router)is for the 10 Laptops, and we had lots of latency problems in switch that?s why we bought new server.
please help

Collapse -

OS and Drivers installed

by acmahajan In reply to Installing SBS 2003

Dell has already installed Drivers and OS for me , i also receive a screen where it tells me to enter the computer name. But i don?t know what to do after that. Though i will try to look things under Server Mgmt.
Things like how much Data space or Page File space should i leave? Which applications should i install first?

I also have one more issue:
i have two broadband connection(one with 256kbps and other with 512kbps )with me and the server has two network adapters.
Two broadband connection because if one A1 goes down(or is dead) internet operates on other B1.
Now, can i merge these in two N/W adapters. If yes how ?

Basically we have peer to peer network in which A1 Broadband connection is for the 10 Desktops and B1(which is wireless router)is for the 10 Laptops, and we had lots of latency problems in switch that?s why we bought new server.
please help

Collapse -

I'll be honest

by CG IT In reply to OS and Drivers installed

If you don't know anything about SBS and by your posts, your basically saying you dont go to Amazon.com and get the Small Business Server 2003 administrators companion and read it. That will give you instructions on best practices for SBS 2003. If you don't want to do that, hire a consultant to set it up for you.

In regards to your network infrastrucure questions, again, if you don't know, I'd say hire a consultant to set it up for you and then give you some basic training.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)