Question

ISA 2004 Server

By encservices ·
Hello everyone,

I just move my ISA 2004 server from server 2000 domain to windows 2003 domain. I have joined my xp to new domain, but as I install the firewall client I get error that it can not find the isa server. I can ping the isa server with IP and FQDN. Does any one has ideas of what could be wrong.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you

by IC-IT In reply to ISA 2004 Server

Join the ISA server to the Domain?

Does it have more than one NIC?

"Configuring ISA Server with a Single Network Adapter Configuration
Problem: There are a number of issues associated with the configuration of ISA Server on a computer with a single network adapter.
Cause: The causes include:

Multi-network firewall policy. In single network adapter mode, ISA Server recognizes itself (the Local Host network). Everything else is recognized as the Internal network. There is no concept of an External network. The Microsoft Firewall service and application filters operate only in the context of the Local Host network. (ISA Server protects itself no matter what network template is applied.) Because the Firewall service and application filters operate in the context of the Local Host network, you can use access rules to allow non-Web protocols to the ISA Server computer. This has implications for running applications located on the ISA Server computer."

What does DNS report?

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)