Question

LDAP problem ID 8026

By mpula82 ·
LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory owens1.owens.local for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down.

Category : LDAP operations.

We have 2 servers 1 -Dc 2nd Exchnage running on top of 2003 OS.
ID 8026 get logged every few minutes.
I have checked for RUS is pointing to right DC
Next GC settings checked - Dc acts as DC and FSMO roles are enabled on it.
But it still getting logged.
I read somewhere that it may have something to do with DNS forwarders ? Any sugestions ?

I need help, please

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Was there any changes done to DC ?

by rajagopalan.durairajan In reply to LDAP problem ID 8026

If it is a new DC ,in some incidents the recipent services might have not updated .

go to system manager select recipent update services and select the DC which you need to populate the address from.

-Raj

Collapse -

Only occurs at the evening and night hours

by mpula82 In reply to Was there any changes don ...

Hi , I have checked RUS is pointing to right DC, and binds are working fine in normal day ours but starts showing ID 8026 at the time when backups is running after 19.00
also just started looging another ID, see below

Process STORE.EXE (PID=2896). DSAccess failed to obtain an IP address for DS server owens1.owens.local, error 11004. This host will not be used as a DS server by DSAccess.
ID 2107
Just a thought maybe is it becouse there's poor network connection, although it's GB link switch may be not powerfull enough to handle traffic, all ports are taken, what do
you think?
The only changes made to DC were made during Exchange installation , schema extension.
all advise appriciated.
Michal

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)