Question

Microsoft Exchange 2003 vs Microsoft Outlook 2003

By ben.alao ·
Pls, help me out of this: I've just installed an evaluation copy of the Exchange Server 2003. It is required for our internal messaging - so I supposed there is no need of SMTP, POP3 nor any Internet messaging protocol enabled. But when I configured my Microsoft Outlook 2003 clients, mails sent between the users were not received. At the user end, when you click "Send/Receive" command, you get the following error message:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

I never had this problem with version 5.5. Unfortunately, we have upgraded our servers to Win Server 2003, which would not run Exchange 5.5.

How do I make messages sent get received at the recipient's end?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Security feature

by CG IT In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2003 v ...

Little known and little used security feature within Exchange and Outlook on Windows Vista RC 1 to prohibit uses from sending out emails from workstations they aren't authorized to send mail from.

Only the user knows the password to the private folder used to store emails. That is why if you the user logs in using another credentials and try to send out spam or other unwanted email to hide your tracks, this security feature will prevent that.

Most threats are from the inside nowadays. I would caution that if you see that message, just because they don't say anything doesn't mean they don't know. Its the reason why that security feature was installed.

Collapse -

MSKB Articles

by curlergirl In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2003 v ...

It sounds like a problem with the server configuration. See if one of these two articles fits your situation:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905813/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924256/en-us

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Error 0x8004010F

by shariff.ghouse In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2003 v ...

There is no need to POP3 for internal mail flow.In exchange 2003 POP3 service is disabled. SMTP should be stared if you want the internal and external mailflow.

0x8004010F U get this error message while doing a send and recive from outllok. For this check if the offline address book is associated with the default mailbox store.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)