Question

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 is synchronizing folders

By jbasii ·
I am running Outlook 2007 on a single PC (no Exchange server environment) that runs Vista Home Premium.

My problem is that Outlook hangs when attempting to send e-mails with attachments. I get an icon in the system tray that says "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders." The icon remains in the tray indefinitely, outgoing e-mails with attachments remain in my Outbox unsent.

There are no other problems sending or receiving e-mails.

The file size of the attachments varies from 249kb to 3MB.

An earlier thread here (http://techrepublic.com.com/5206-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=206501&start=0) discussed this problem with Outlook 2003 and after 144 comments there was no final solution (many different solutions were offered, only some of which worked for some people).

Can anyone please help with this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Solutions I've tried that haven't worked

by jbasii In reply to Microsoft Office Outlook ...

Some things I have tried from the previous e-mail thread include:

(1) Unchecking the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views" box from the 'properties' section of my Outlook folders

(2) Typing the following in the command prompt: 'netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled'

(3) deleting my three Search Folders subfolders within Outlook

So far none of these solutions have worked for me.

Collapse -

Same thing here, additional observation

by poly1223 In reply to Solutions I've tried that ...

I have exactly the same problem. You can stop the hanging by transferring the mail to concepts from your outbox.
Earlier I reinstalled outlook 2007 and the problem disappeared. It recently surfaced again, however I observed that the receiver email adress was "extended" with my providers domain reference. No solution yet. Does that trigger somebody?

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)