Question

MS Outlook 2003 will not start

By skeat ·
When I try to start MS Outlook 2003 I get a message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists". I'm running Windows XP Pro on a home PC and have MS Offices 2003 Basic. I have tried repairing and reinstalling using the original CD. I have also tried removing and reinstalling MS Outlook 2003, but all to no avail. My wife who has a seperate profile can open her e mails. I'm not that tech savy so can you help? Many thanks Seamus

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

will it start in safe mode?

by robo_dev In reply to MS Outlook 2003 will not ...

from command line:

outlook.exe /safe

Collapse -

MS Outlook 2003 will not start

by skeat In reply to will it start in safe mod ...

No. I've just tried and get exactly the same message. Any idea's

Collapse -

RE: Any idea's

by OH Smeg In reply to MS Outlook 2003 will not ...

Yes your User Profile is Corrupt.

Log in with Admin Privileges go to the Control Panel and click on User Accounts, Select Create a New User and follow the prompts.

When this is complete copy your Data into the new Profile and when you are sure that you have all of it delete the Old Profile and rename the new one to your preferred Name as you can not have 2 User Profiles with the same name on the same computer.

Make sure to give the same permissions tot he new Account as your Old Account had so that you can work in it.

Col

Collapse -

try this..

by vashz In reply to RE: [i]Any idea's

I wont suggest to create new user profile yet,your problem seems to be corrupted pst. Try scan pst software and after you scan your pst mail try to open outlook again then it should work the way it was before. There are trial versions and freeware scan pst you can use, try this site to download scan pst

http://www.browser9.com/index.php/Y29t/c29mdG9uaWM/ZW4/YWR2YW5jZWQtb3V0bG9vay1yZXBhaXI/aHR0cDovL2FkdmFuY2VkLW91dGxvb2stcmVwYWlyLmVuLnNvZnRvbmljLmNvbS9kb3dubG9hZA/69/0/

send an update if the problem is not resolve after scanning your pst files..

Collapse -

if the link

by vashz In reply to try this..

if the link i gave didnt work, just search the google with "scan pst download"

you should find scan pst application there, just download, install and scan your pst files..sorry I cant give you the exact url of the download since there is a webfiltering here in out office..

Collapse -

It worked - Thank You

by skeat In reply to if the link

Vashz - many thanks it's back working and my stress levels are way down again. Many thanks again. Seamus

Back to Networks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)