Question

my hp pavilion ze900 won't connect to my internet

By pinkdiamondgail ·
my friend gave me an hp pavilion ze900 xp, i can connect to any other internet anywhere but i cannot connect with Time Warner's road runner. Everything is working fine; the internet, the router. I called Lynksys and they took me through the steps and they said everything is fine but, they had to transfer me and I had to pay. when I go into network connections my wireless network connection has a red x by it and my local area also has an x. and it did say firewalled when I took off the firewall it still won't connect can anyone help me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Have you called Time Warner

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to my hp pavilion ze900 won' ...

to walk through setup with them? It's their network to which you're trying to connect.

Collapse -

Yes I called

by pinkdiamondgail In reply to Have you called Time Warn ...

They said that everything on there end is working fine.

Collapse -

So, bothe wireless and Ethernet local connections are down.

by seanferd In reply to my hp pavilion ze900 won' ...

Delete all network connections, and start fresh. Turn off wireless until you get a solid connection through Ethernet. Use the setup wizards found in the start menu → accessories → communications to set up new connections after deleting the old.

If the router has MAC address filtering on, you need to add the MACs of the new PC (one Ethernet, one wireless). You'll also need to to configure wireless security to match that set on your router when you get to configuring that.

Refer to the documentation for your version of Windows if needed - the wizard apps and the help files should cover this. Also refer to the documentation for you exact model and revision of Linksys router (you are more likely to need this than Windows docs). If you cannot find it (on the Linksys CD), download it from the Linksys support site.

Let us know how you get on.

Collapse -

I will try it

by pinkdiamondgail In reply to So, bothe wireless and Et ...

I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Collapse -

answer

by manju851985 In reply to my hp pavilion ze900 won' ...

check the ping for DNS, IPADDRESS ...if sucess...try to ping for GOOGLE.com and check the result

Collapse -

????

by pinkdiamondgail In reply to answer

how do you do that?

Back to Networks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)