General discussion

New HD for Compaq Presario 5304

By fightingfrog76@hotmail ·
I am replacing the HD in a Compaq Presario 5304. The original drive is kaput! Where can I download the BIOS files needed to add to the new hard drive for this machine? And, which files do I need to download? This is my first Compaq I am replacing a HD in! I don't like it, no sir, not one bit!!!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by XpertDragon In reply to New HD for Compaq Presari ...

Sounds like you have yourself a newer end Compaq. One question....You did not receive a Recovery CD with this Compaq when purchased? Recovery CDs allow you to load everything onto a new, or the existing hard drive (Which is now Kaput as you put it) that was on there when shipped/bought new, brand new. Do you happen to have this CD lying around? If so, load it into the CD Drive, Boot from it, and load that image file back on to the new hard drive.

You shouldn't need to download any BIOSfiles at all, the BIOS should be good to go as far as recognizing the new hard drive, and loading a New Operating system on it with appropriate drivers....this is only if you have to take this approach from scratch.

Best of Luck!

Paul M. Chavez

Collapse -

Ah hah! I just now did get that disc from the fellow whom I am fixing the PC for. I will try that. Thank you very much for the information. It would help if it wasn't 98 degrees and 98% humidity and the A/C is not working! Brain is fried, I think! Thanks again.

Collapse -

by Ann777 In reply to New HD for Compaq Presari ...

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_list.asp?cat=Desktop

You need to fill in the model and the os. and see what they have available for it.

Collapse -

Anna77, this helped. I did find what I needed and lots more. Now I know where to look. Thank you very much. If it wasn't so hot and humid and the AC down, maybe my brain wouldn't be fried and I would think and not panic! But thanks forpulling me out of the lurch!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)