General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Novell NetWare Client 4.83 SP2

by mcintyrem ·

I just installed the service pack 2 for a couple of my Win2k boxes. After having installed this, my ZenWorks applications are reporting an error when I try to open one. For example, I have an application folder called Teaching Tools, which has various applications for my teachers to choose from. When I click on ThinkWave Educator in that folder, I get a message indicated that it is unable to locate the resource. Error D01E.

This happens to every application that I’m pushing across the network. Below you can find a link to see the exact error that I’m getting, when I try to open GroupWise. To see a screen shot of the Start Menu and the error use the following URL’s:
    http://www.ncalions.org/images/StartMenu.jpg
    http://www.ncalions.org/images/D01E-Error.jpg

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Novell NetWare Client 4.83 SP2

by oz_media ·

In reply to Novell NetWare Client 4.83 SP2

You didn’t mention the Netware versuion you’re using but I’ll assume it post 5.X

Here’s one idea:
      The ZEN handler on the Middle Tier server may not be able to resolve the backend server’s name

1. Add an entry in the Hosts file on the Middle Tier server corresponding to the IP address of the backend server.

2. Restart the web server

A second place to look is in the file access rights. It seems that it is able to see, but not authorize the volume access for the user?!
      Can you copy a simple WORD doc and save it to the same location as the app?

by mcintyrem ·

In reply to Reply To: Novell NetWare Client 4.83 SP2

I only have one server on this Novell network. There is no backend server. The file access rights have not changed between at all. All I did was update the client, then this started happening.

by pierrejamme ·

Unless it was the inclusive SP2 you must also get the “E” patch.

by magpiper ·

Would be nice to know what version of ZEN you are running, I will assume 2.x.

Do you have the Novell Application Launcher server installed with your Novell client?

If this is the case, it is a mismatch between the client NAL agents. Go to Novell’s KB and search for D01E. It will explain in detail the problem.

In the furture, if you provide more information, it will benifit all who are trying to help. Simply stating you are receiving a D01E error would have been sufficient. However knowing your version of ZEN would been a big help.

Best regards

by mcintyrem ·

In reply to Reply To: Novell NetWare Client 4.83 SP2

I am using ZENworks for Desktops 3.0. I have matched up the files that are on the workstation with the ones on the server, as indicated by Novell TID #10053156. I still have found no solution.

by mcintyrem ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads