Question

##Now Fixed## PDC 2003 sp1 and SDC R2 AD connection problem

By AlexChampness ·
I have a Primary domain controller running server 2003 SP1 I also have a backup domain controller running the same. We recently bought a new server which is 2003 R2. I had to raise the forest and domain level function to 2003 using the adprep command. That all went fine but now when I use the Active Directory wizard to connect the new R2 server I get:

The Active Directory Installation Wizard cannot continue because the forest is not prepared fro installing windows server 2003. Use the Adprep command-line tool to prepare both the forest and domain. For more information...etc etc help file etc

"The version of the Active Directory schema of the sourcce forest is not compatable with the version of Active Directory on this Computer"

But I have upgraded the forest and domiain and both the PDC and the BDC are showing now as domain and forest 2003.

Any ideas? Is AD on R2 not compatable with 2003 sp1?

thanks in advance

Alex

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

another adprep

by lowlands In reply to ##Now Fixed## PDC 2003 sp ...

Using and 2003 R2 server requires another AdPrep..

Browse to the Cmpnents\R2\Adprep folder of Disc 2, and type: adprep.exe /forestprep

For more info:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/5022eea0-54bc-422f-b98b-ddb836c8ee851033.mspx?mfr=true

Collapse -

LowLands is right

by CG IT In reply to another adprep

Just do another addprep

Collapse -

Ah ha of course

by AlexChampness In reply to LowLands is right

worked a treat thanks a lot guys, sorted

Alex

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)