Question

One Of Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor Cores Lower Temps.Than Rest, WHY?

By montecarlo1987 ·
Hello. I have a question. I need to know the reason why one of my cores (Core 2) is running about 3-4 degrees below the temperatures of the other 3 cores on my Intel Core 2 Q9550 Quad processor. My processor is Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor.
Restarting and rebooting seems not to help, it is always the same core with the lower temperature. Is there something wrong with that particular core or something overly defective with the processor itself??? It rarely ever fluctuates and stays at 33 degrees Celsius. The other core temperatures are around 36-38 degrees at rest/idle and do frequently go up when an action is performed on the computer. I began this temperature check a few days ago, and now for the last few days it is at 33 degrees.

Please let me know what is going on with this consistent lower core 2 temperature and please provide me with a reason why this is happening. Is it something that is beginning to die with this processor? Is there anything that can be done about it to get all four (4) core temperatures in balance.

Thank you!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

.02 cents...

by ---TK--- In reply to One Of Intel Core 2 Quad ...

is your PC running fine? When your running programs are you viewing taskmanager which will show all 4 cpu's, and does the cool CPU spike ever?

I use a quadcore also, and none of the cores are ever totally the same... Sometimes times they are off by 10 degrees... now, you also have to consider that I overclocked the **** out of it... but, I would not really think twice if a cpu was off by 10 degrees. You could also turn off speedstep in the bios, which under clocks the cpu when its not under load.

Collapse -

That little ?

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to One Of Intel Core 2 Quad ...

could be something as trivial as turbulence over the fan, or pehaps the heat sink bonded better in it's vicinity.

Last time I checked which was not for very long, my quad varied overall by about 8 degrees, it was working OK so I thought nothing more of it.

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)