Question

Outlook 2003 & 2007 Pop3 Password retention issue

By epinero ·
I have suddenly lost the ability to have outlook download messages from my pop3 and smtp provider servers.

It will consistently (every 5 min) request the password to connect to the servers.

I was using Outlook 2003 have gone to Outlook 2007 but still encounter the issue.
I have followed all the steps indicated in the MS Office library up to and including the deletion of the Registry Protected Storage System Provider subkey (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider (S-1-5-21-682003330-1979792683-725345543-1003).

Nothing has worked.

I am running XP pro at SP3 ver. 3311
Microsoft Office 2007
All updates applied
Using Norton 2009 A/V and AntiSpyware

Could someone pleasehelp?????

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You must set it in the mail profile........

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003 & 2007 Pop3 ...

Open the mail profile from the Control Panel (in classic view, go to Mail, in Windows view go to Users, then Mail).

In the mail profile, highlight the profile and choose Properties. Inside, there is a place to store and save the password. Set it and click OK all the way back out.

Collapse -

Outlook 2003 & 2007 password retention issue

by epinero In reply to You must set it in the ma ...

I have tried that route as well and it still will not retain the password.

I have been forced to use Outlook Express in order to avoid the constant request for password.

Do you have any other suggestions? I am clear out of ways to deal with this issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank You for your response ThumbsUp2

I have also followed the steps in the MS article for this issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684

I will try removing my Norton 2009 A/V and see if that clears the issue.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)