Question

Outlook 2003 Will Not Find My Exchange 2007 Server

By tchasarik ·
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently reimaged my laptop and am trying to connect my Outlook 2003 application to my Exchange server. I am running into an issue when I launch Outlook to set up the app. I am greeted with an error stating "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." At other points Outlook cannot find my Mailbox, which I know is setup properly since I can view it from OWA. Prior to my laptop blue screening, this app was working normally.

Note that I can ping my exchange server, access Outlook Web Access, and my user account is accurate. There is no rush on this assist but it's just becoming a sticking point. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Todd Chasarik

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Outlook Profile Issue

by Jarrett_Faulk In reply to Outlook 2003 Will Not Fin ...

go to the control panel and go to the mail icon. In there you will see the show profiles tab. click on that button and then delete the profiles that are there. Once that is done click on the Add button and create a new profile. Make sure that you are always using the newly created profile and then click okay. Once you go back to outlook you will be able to create a new exchange mailbox and it should work i've seen this before.

Collapse -

Still Doing It

by tchasarik In reply to Outlook Profile Issue

Pajarrett,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The steps you outlined were perfromed but they are still garnering the same result. Out of my many times of creating Outlook access for a user this the first time ever I am having this much difficulty. Luckily it is on my machine and not a users. Any other suggestions?

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)