Question

Outlook 2007 disconnects from Outlook Anywhere when printing

By netwrk_admn ·
I support about 50 users remotely. They all use Outlook 2007 and DELL Latitude E6400s, with DELL All in one 964/966 printers.

Starting last night, there has been a problem mentioned by 4 users that Outlook disconnects briefly from Exchange whenever they try to print and nothing gets printed after Outlook hangs for about 20-30 seconds. (I should mention I have tried printing to a PDF conversion program and it outputs to a blank page while still disconnecting briefly.) The disconnection notifies you in the lower right corner, "The connection to MS Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I have also pinged our gateway successfully during the time of Outlook hanging so it's not a time out on the NIC.

The clients connect to our servers thru ISA Server 2006 (Outlook Anywhere), with a publishing rule to our internal Exchange 2007 server.

A workaround is to "work offline" in order to print then set Outlook back to working online. I'm sure more complaints will arise after they work in the field and come home to print.

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)