Question

Outlook GAL won't refresh, Exchange 2007

By peaspray ·
Hello all,
I'm using Outlook 2007 on Exchange Server 2007 (and Windows Vista). The problem I am having is that my Global Address List is not updating with the most current information. So far I've concluded that this is because I am using Cache mode.
When I use Outlook 2007 on our terminal server (which doesn't use cache mode), the GAL is updated, and when I use Outlook Web Access, the GAL is updated.
So the question is how do I force or "persuade" Exchange to update the GAL for those in cache mode? I'd rather not do this at the local workstation, so is there a way to do it from the Exchange server?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Check out this link...

by Jellimonsta In reply to Outlook GAL won't refresh ...

It has a script you can download to force Offline Address book enabling.

http://tinyurl.com/6pnkkk

Regards.

Collapse -

Cache mode in Outlook will synch up

by Dumphrey In reply to Outlook GAL won't refresh ...

only every 12 hours (iirc) with the Exchange GAL.
In exchange 2007
Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity <GlobalAddressListIdParameter> -DomainController
is the command structure to use at the command shell to manually force updating, but this may not force the update to Outlook in cached mode. If your GAL changes on a regular basis, I would switch all outlook to non-cached mode.

Collapse -

This will fix the problem

by El Superbeasto In reply to Outlook GAL won't refresh ...

Go into your exchange management console

unser the organization configuration tree go to Mailbox. Click on the Offline Address Book tab. Right click on Default Offline Address List and click on update.

This should help with the cached users

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)