Question

OWA 2000 Redirection from Internet

By jetorres ·
I have an Exchange 2000 running inside my network. At first it was the default IIS server (Windows 2000 Server) and my OWA 2000 worked fine from the outside; now I added a second IIS Server (SBS 2000 without ISA/Exchange) as the default server and the OWA does not work from the outside.

Need help configuring the second IIS server and routers to redirect the outside (Internet) communication to the OWA IIS server.

I have a Cisco router fasing the Internet with a public IP. Then I have a Dlink firewall between the Cisco and my network Switch. Both servers are connected to the Switch (No DMZ).

The OWA IIS server runs on port 80, and the Default IIS server runs also on port 80. The Cisco router has a rule to route port 8010 from internet to the Dlink firewall, and the Dlink has a virtual server rule to translate and route port 8010 from the Cisco to the port 80 on the OWA IIS IP address.

So clients try to access the OWA by entering http://publicIP:8010/exchange

The OWA login is succesfully transmitted, but after entering the username/password and OK button, the OWA finds the user inbox, but fails to open the interface.

What do I have to do and where?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)