General discussion

P2V or brand new installation Win Server 2008 - Opinion request

By Malzar24 ·
Hi everyone, I would like to know your opinion about this choice I'm still thinking about.

I have a brand new server running Windows Server 2008 64x with hyper-V. I've got System Center Manager 2008.

Here's my dilemma. I'm currently trying to convert 2 physicals machine running Win 2k3 as files servers. One of them has a harmless worm that I can't remove easily and is the forest master. The other one is a DC running win 2k3 also a file server running a SQL database. I also got another server running win 2k3 with exchange 2k3.

I need opinions about this. Should I just create 2 brand new win 2008 Virtual machines and transfert roles and files on these ? I noticed Exchange 2003 isn't showing up on the AD host who has Win server 2008. That means an exchange 2007 upgrade as well?

Second option, I perform 2 Physical to virtual. I tried many times. It doesn't convert it all and I also bring my current old machines issues with it.

The main goal of this migration is to provide more storage space for the file servers.

I hope someone could understand me a little bit.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

thanks!

-Simon

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)