Question

Please help with project server 2007 glitch

By jniederer ·
Hello all,

I installed project server 2007 without a hitch several months ago (full license), but due to management not needing it yet it sat this whole time without being used. They want to move forward but I just discovered the trial expired glitch that came with the faulty service pack 2. The fix for that is everywhere online.. just put your product key into the convert license type menu. The unique problem I'm having is that the place to re-enter my key is grayed out, not allowing me to type anything in. will this require a full reinstall or is there a work around?

Thanks,
Jason

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Same Issue

by Joanre In reply to Please help with project ...

Same situation too, not using it for a while.

But, get this, I used "fixed" SP2 version when I installed SP2 last Fall. Found issue when I clicked Check services enabled in this farm and saw Trial license expired. Clicked that, reentered key and it did not fix issue. Now I too cannot reenter key in Operations, Convert License type. I opened a case with MS and am waiting for callback.

Collapse -

Fixed my issue with IISRESET

by Joanre In reply to Same Issue

Waiting for MS to call back (still waiting) I reset iis from command line (iisreset) and that fixed issue -- I was able to get into PWA site. Convert License key box still can't type into, btw.

Collapse -

by jniederer In reply to Fixed my issue with IISRE ...

My pwa site still works, it just comes up with a notice that my license has expired. I'm curious to hear what microsoft has to say... their screw up is what took our servers down so hopefully they have a fix that actually works. i'm half tempted to try a repair install to see if that resets the field so I can re-enter our license.

Collapse -

Did you try this

by Joanre In reply to reply

There's a hotfix; did you apply?
KB971620 Hotfix for faulty SP2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971620
No need to reapply SP2.

Or, in Central Admin, Application Management, Office SharePoint Shared Services section, click Check services enabled on this farm. Does the page show Trial License expired on <date> message? And something like click here to enter product key? That's where I entered valid license key and said Ok. I got "Operation Completed Successfully". If you can do that in that location (different location than Operations, Upgrade and Migration, Convert License Key"), go to Operations, Global Configuration, Timer Job Definitions, find License Synchronization, click on it, notice next time job will run, wait 10 minutes after that (or longer? if more than one server in farm) then run iisreset.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)