General discussion

problem on upgrading to window 2000

By solomonbi ·
when i was upgrading my computer from windows me to window to 2000, i lost most of drives. one of the problem was the display and i could not fix it from the control panel setting. and also my computer could not able to detect my modem . therfore ican not able to go to online and download some of the drives that i lost during upgrading. would you please advise me what to do for retriving all my old drives and programs which i was using in windows me operating system.
Regards.
solomon and myemail address solomonbi@yahoo.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to problem on upgrading to w ...

Hi
It is a good idea to download drivers before attempting to upgrade
Not much to work around with here,you will need access to another computer that has internet to search for the drivers that are supported in W2K.

Your problems with graphics and modem drivers directly relates to not having the correct drivers

You will have to use reinstall the programs software from the original cd or get the driver to setup modem

Collapse -

by solomonbi In reply to problem on upgrading to w ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by parvus1202 In reply to problem on upgrading to w ...

First of all , WinME can not be upgraded to Win2000. So I don't know how you did it. You could have a partition, and your Win ME is still bootable. For the modem and audio, you can go to www.motherboards.org, and get your motherboard model, go to the site and download the audio driver. For the modem, just look at your manual for the model and download driver for Win2000.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by RCOM In reply to problem on upgrading to w ...

AS stated it's not an upgrade from ME to 2000. You would have had to make a choice to make a partition using x amount of space or partition the whole drive. The original files are no doubt lost. Your best bet is to go back to ME and once that's up go online, download the drivers for your devices before installing 2000.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by Pocono In reply to problem on upgrading to w ...

Also, make sure that everything on your pc is on the Microsoft Hardware compatability list before you upgrade...This can cause major problems, Win2k doesn't like alot of things and all of your hw has to be compatible.....Peace

http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)