General discussion

Problem with ALS 4000 card configuration

By rtotolian ·
I have a problem with ALS 4000 card configuration. The Card is installed on K6-2 500 computer. The windows on this machine was reinstalled completly and win98 hadn't any driver for this P&P PCI card. I downloaded drivers from ALS site.
The drives could identify the card and no device conflict or any other problem is reported in "Device Manager". all seems to be fine.
The Midi out is working fine and CD out is working fine but....
system can't play WAV files (even standart ones provided by windows). Sound track of Video CD is also not plaing. The reported problem is :
By Win 98 "Sounds" aplete in control panel: "Hardware is not responing or no drivers installed"
By Media player: "Unknown file format" (But compression component is installed and working fine).

the card is working fine on the other computer.

Any advise. What can be wrong?

P.S.:I reinstalled dravers multiple times as well as reinstalled bus mustering drivers. So I don't need sudjestions to reinstall drivers

Regards

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by redshift In reply to Problem with ALS 4000 car ...

There is a problem with the VIA chipset and PCI sound card enumeration. Try updating your BIOS and MB drivers.

Next, there could be an IRQ conflict (Windoze doesn't always report this) - try moving the card to another slot.

Collapse -

by rtotolian In reply to Problem with ALS 4000 car ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by rtotolian In reply to Problem with ALS 4000 car ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)