General discussion

Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI

By jearhart ·
I have purchaced an Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI, It works except when I try to play Microsoft Combat Simulator I, II or III. It will not run Star Wars Pod racer. I have installed it in a IBM 200xl @server running Windows 2000. The mother board is a Via chip set which I have run the VIA hyyerion 4 in 1 drivers. I have installed Windows 2000 service pack. I have tried everything I can think of, anyone have any suggestions. The processor is a Celeron 1200 mhz.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI

by CG IT In reply to Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI

Try and get the latest drivers. From all the reviews I've read about the Radeon line of cards [except the 9700 and soon to be released 9800] is that the drivers and driver support is problematic at best and down right frustrating. That is why ATI didn't fair so well against NVidia Geforce 3 & 4 cards. The ATI cards were just to much of a pain to get working for playing PC games simply because of the drivers.

Collapse -

Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI

by CG IT In reply to Radeon 9000 PRO by ATI

most of the reviews I've read about ATI cards and the Radeon's came from PC Gamer Magazine,Computer Gaming World, Overclockers Cafe, Gamespy, & Planet Hardware.

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)