Question

REGARDING CONNECTIVITY IN WIN 2000

By JR-APC ·
I WANT TO CONNECT MY WINDOWS 2000 SERVER TO WIN 2003 SERVER FOR OPC CONNECTIVITY HOW TO ENABLE NETWORK ACCESS CONTROL IN WINDOWS 2000 SERVER IN IBM MACHINE

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

how to enable network access control in window 2000

by technocrat25 In reply to REGARDING CONNECTIVITY IN ...

Step 1 Click on the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel." Double-click the "Network and Dialup Settings." This window is the location for all network settings on the computer. Double-click the "Local Area Network" icon.
Step 2 Click the "Properties" button on the "Client for Microsoft Networks." This opens settings for workgroups. Enter a name for the computer and the workgroup. The workgroup name needs to be the same entry for all computers on the network. Click the "OK" button.
Step 3 Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Navigate to a folder to share. Sharing a folder enables other computers on the network to access the files. Once you've navigated to the folder, right-click it to setup sharing and select "Properties."
Step 4 Click the "Sharing" tab. Select the option that is labeled "Share this folder." Enter a name for the folder alias. This is the name that is shown to other users when they browse the network shares on the Windows 2000 computer.
Step 5 Click the "Permissions" button. This window enables you to limit access to the folder. Select the users in the window to give them access to the share and click the "OK" button. Click the "OK" button in the general properties window. The changes take effect immediately, so no reboot is necessary.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)