General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Remote access to netware through through win 2003 server.

by dpeters71 ·

I have a netware setup runing with an unconfigure window 2003 server in the office with 3 staff.
    I want the staff to remotely access the office netware network through window 2003 server from home using window xp professional. Comments and contribution will be appreciated as i don’t where to start or what to do.

value member.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Remote access to netware through through win 2003 server.

by mcp ·

In reply to Remote access to netware through through win 2003 server.

Not quite sure what you are asking exactly. There are all sorts of methods to use. Is it just file access? If so I think Novell iFolder may be the easiest way to go. Very slick product that works flawlessly.

by mike_w ·

You could setup the Windows 2003 server as a terminal server in remote application mode. This assumes that the users already have a method for remotely accessing the Windows server. You will need to install the Novell client or the Gaetway Service for Netware to allow the users to logon to the Netware servers.

by tommymcbrayer ·

Man you guys are too easy. For Administrators Enable RDP on 2003 server and installAdRem Free Remote Console on the Windows box. Of course you will need to configure your Firewall with a NAT for the public to private IP address and an access list for the RDP traffic. Plus for admins depending on the version of Novell you can use the Portal. For plain ole staff install the Novell Client on the Windows box to access the Netware resources. Been there done that and it works every time. 🙂

TL McBrayer MCSE 2003, MCSA + Messaging, CNE 5 & 6, CCNA, CCNP, CXE

Viewing 2 reply threads