Question

Remote Desktop users causes 2003 server blue screen, used to work

By jvarrati ·
I need some direction here I have a client who has a 2003 server with terminal services and a remote site with two remote systems running remote desktop. Everything was running fine for a year till they asked me to set up another system at another remote site. I created a user with terminal service (as I did before) with same access like the others and when the user tried to login to the 2003 server with remote desktop the blue screened and I had to reboot.. I asked him to try and login with one of the two existing user accounts and it worked fine only the new one blue screened.. So i went back after hours and checked to see if the server needed any updates, I installed service pack 2 and rebooted now no users work!!! they all blue screen the server.. So needless to say they think I broke something so i need some direction on this any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

No big brain storms

by Dumphrey In reply to Remote Desktop users caus ...

but off the top of my head, do you have terminal service client (rdc) set to connect remote machine to local hardware such as printers? May have a bad driver issue.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)