Question

Roaming Profiles and Event ID 1504

By dlittle ·
Ok, here is an interesting issue. I have a Windows 2003 (SP1) server running as my domain controller and I am trying to move to Roaming Profiles from Local Profiles. In my testing I keep running into an event ID 1504 when logging off of any computer in the network. The 1504 states that I am having a network issue or do not have sufficient security rights to the folder. Microsoft?s support site gives some vague reference to needing a third party driver for my network appliance (I don?t think this is the case) It looks like the profiles are getting updated, although I couldn?t swear to it. I have XP-Pro (SP2) on my computer and have created several test accounts and get the same result regardless of which test account I use. Incidentally, this even happens when I logon as myself with Domain Admin privileges. What the heck am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It's permissions (probably)

by gary In reply to Roaming Profiles and Even ...

I was receiving this error message and my roaming profiles were failing to upload to the server. It turned out this was due to insufficient permissions on the "route" to the user profile folder. I changed all the parent folders so that "Everyone" had the "Traverse Folder / Execute File", "Read Attributes" and "Read Extended Attributes" permissions on "This folder only" for each of the folders in the user profile path. Users are now able to upload their roaming profiles, and the event is gone.

Collapse -

That fixed the problem!

by dlittle In reply to It's permissions (probabl ...

Gary, Thanks for the hand, it was the read attributes permission that I was lacking on the Everyone account.

Thanks again,

Dave

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)