General discussion

Role transfer in windows 2003 Native server

By sunish2k ·
Hi guys,
I came across a typical problem recently and working out to over come it. In the mean time i thought if i share the problem with u guys then it would benefit everybody and i get solutions. I have a domain network with windows 2003 as NOS. Network consists of 1 PDC(win2003), 1 ADC(Win2003), 1 member server (win2003) with exchange 2003 and many XP client m/c's. I wanted to move the roles so used ntdsutil command and moved RID master from PDC to ADC. Now in PDC if i go and check the operations master it shows error under RID and same in the ADC and same in the Exchange server also. Where might have my RID master gone :). I feel its no where in my domain now as it gives ever when I tried to transfer it from PDC to ADC and Vice versa also. But sill i have no problems to create new objects. How cud i solve this problem. Plz suggest me.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Wrong forum.

by deepsand In reply to Role transfer in windows ...

This is a tech. problem, in search of a solution.

It properly belongs in "Technical Q&A," not in "Discussions." Please re-post there.

Not only will you be more likely to attract the attention of those seeking to provide answers, but you will also make it easier for those seeking discussions to find such.

Thank you.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)