General discussion

SBS 2003 Premium Edition

By jmacmillan ·
I have SBS 2003 Premium Edition and need to install on a new server. At this time I only need as "Name Server" and for "File and Printer sharing" is it possible to install Premium Edition and only activate the services that I need or do I need the Bare Bones version. This is for a small Non-profit with less than 25 users.

We are currently using Windows 2000 Server on a pentium III machine and need to upgrade due to some new software requirements.

John

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

SBS 2003 Premium Edition

by iprowebs In reply to SBS 2003 Premium Edition

John,

Yes you can only activate and use the parts you want for either the Premium or Standard (Bare bones as you call it) editions of SBS 2003.

The wizards are very intuitive and there are some great books out there to give you some advice if you need it. Search for Harry Brelsford, Eriq Neale or Microsoft Press titles too.

You mention you are a not for profit. Are you aware of Techsoup.org? With Techsoup your NP may be able to get the software you need at a really good price...if your org qualifies.

There are many good places on the net to learn more about SBS 2003 and earlier...try www.smallbizserver.net, smbnation.com, sbsshow.com.

Good luck and happy SBS'ing...It's all I do.

Scott

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)