Question

SBS 2008 Fax Problems Sending From XP.

By scott_langshaw2 ·
Hello all

I am having problems getting my xp machines to send faxes from their workstations to a SBS 2008 fax. I can send and recieve faxes from the server perfectly. But when i install the fax on the xp machines and click send or print to the fax the egg timer comes on then goes off. Then nothing happens.

I have tried a few steps which is below on the link.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverprint/thread/f10cd018-abb7-4fc6-9111-2b4203184a1c

If anyone can help i would be very grateful as i am pulling my hair out.

Thanks Scott

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Sorted but now another problem

by scott_langshaw2 In reply to SBS 2008 Fax Problems Sen ...

I have fixed the problem with the box not appearing i had to copy the files for the fax from a windows 2003 server ontot the xp machine.

The problems i am having now is that when i send a fax to the server when i click send and enter all the details in the fax doesnt go anywhere?

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks

Scott

Collapse -

sorted but now another problem

by jlouis45 In reply to Sorted but now another pr ...

I have worked on SBS2000 sometime back. Most of the issues are sortted by restarting the relavent services for faxes. I am sorry I do not have the acess to SBS2003 server services component hence, unable to give you the right details. Can you please check the services for faxing in services of the server and restart them. This should fix your issue.

Thanks,
Louis

Collapse -

Relpy

by scott_langshaw2 In reply to sorted but now another pr ...

I have restarted the services on the server and on the client machine but i still cant fax from the client to the server. The sends and recieves fine. Very strange problem.

If anyone has anymore ideas please post :)

Thanks

Scott

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)