Question

Server 2003 has no local users and groups in MMC

By g.badger ·
I have a 2003 server SE R2 sp2 .... i go to MMC but local users and groups are not listed in there...

I have checked throughout the net ...it tals about a whole lot of add ins but still can't get it into the list.... help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Is this a Domain Controller?

by Dedlbug In reply to Server 2003 has no local ...

Are you logged on as an Administrator? Domain Controllers don't have the local Users and Groups. You must also be an Admin.

Collapse -

Domain Controller

by g.badger In reply to Is this a Domain Controll ...

yes it is .....i have placed a logon script in netlogon share and it is only being run by one person in the organisation....in reading, it now says that it should be setup in users/groups in mmc ..... i have always used and successfully run scripts from the netlogon share in win 2000 etc ????

Collapse -

Active Directory

by Dedlbug In reply to Domain Controller

There should be some experts here that may further help better than I can here, but from my understanding, on a Domain Controller, the only way to run scripts is either with Group Policy or using a script in the Profile tab in Active Directory Users and Computers.

The location of the Netlogon (Sysvol) should be fine to store the script, assuming permissions are correct.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)