General discussion

Setup 82815 graphics driver abort W98SE

By ahaas ·
When I try to run the current version of 82815 graphics driver under W98SE, the files are unpacked and Setup is running, but Setup aborts with a message saying that "a software error has occured" and that "the INTEL graphics driver cannot be installed on the current device".
- OS is W98SE (german)
- Mainboard is Fujitsu-Siemens SCENIC-T / D1321
- driver version is 4.13.01, downloaded either from INTEL or from Fujitsu-Siemens
- the error occurs when using the automatic Installer, or when unpacking manually and then running Setup

- I first tried to install without having installed before the INF-Update-Utility and got the error; then I installed the INF-Update-Utility and rebooted and tried again, ad got hte error again
- Maybe I need to uninstall the remainders of my first attempt, but how? In the Readme file the uninstal procedure is mentioned, but not described.

Intel driver download location:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=797&DwnldID= 4666

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Setup 82815 graphics driv ...

Seems as though kyour problem may be the version that you are installilng does not match the version that is on your computer,try using a international version of the language of the operating system

Collapse -

by ahaas In reply to Setup 82815 graphics driv ...

I don?t think that it is a problem of the language version: a second PC (same mainboard, same german OS version) runs fine with an older version of the 82815 graphics driver, and there is no need to use the international OS version in the whole environment.
Currently there is only the new driver version available for download, and since I tried the INTEL version and also the version coming from Fujitsu-Siemens (hardware manufacturer) in Germany, it should not be a problem of version or language.
To get a new clean installation, I would like to uninstall any possible remainders of the first Setup of the driver which had failed, probably because of the missing Inf-Update Installation. In addition I also updated Direct-X to the cuttent version 8.2 after the first try.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by Dynamo2003 In reply to Setup 82815 graphics driv ...

Check Microsoft hardware compatibility list if the hardware is supported. If not buy a supported graphic card.

Collapse -

It was only my problem: I downloaded the driver for chipset 815 graphics, but the "1" should have been a "4", that is chipset 845 with ATI graphics. Today my youngster detected the error (my eyes!) and fixed it. Sorry for inconvenience.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)