Question

Sharepoint 2.0 repair on 2003 SBS

By pstoric ·
I have a 2003 SBS server here, and the sharepoint 2.0 that came with it is corrupted. I looked up the steps to install sharepoint 3.0 side by side...but I can't find much information on how to repair the original installation, or remove/re-install it without redoing the server installation. Does anybody know if this is possible and how I can go about it????

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Sharepoint 2.0 repair, might work for you..

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, selected .NET Framework 2.0, Change/Remove and do a repair on the Framework, try rerunning your install after that.

You don't have to reinstall or repair the installation, if you have .NET installed before IIS. All you have to do is go to your .NET 2.0 directory (Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.xxxx) and run "aspnet_regiis -i". This enables ASP in IIS.
Then you should go to your IIS manager and check wether ASP 2.0 is marked as "Allowed" for the website you are using for Sharepoint.
On the other hand if you do not have Sharepoint installed yet. Try setup.exe instead of Sharepoint.exe.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

Is that for the correct wss?

by pstoric In reply to Sharepoint 2.0 repair, mi ...

And that would be for the sharepoint that comes integrated in server 2003 SBS? Just trying to make sure....

Collapse -

SharePoint is SharePoint. It could be used if bought separately .

So give it a go.
It should work with your SharePoint.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)