General discussion

Small Business Server 2000 Problems

By ctrimbath ·
I am working on a SBS 2K server that is having issues. When I log on locally to the server as administrator almost everything is very slow to respond. I can't get the internet to open, browsing the hard drives is slow. But the processor utilization stays below 20%, Memory usage is low. If I send an email out it goes almost immediately and incoming mail takes about 30 minutes to go through the system. If I access the server through the network I can browse the drives with no problems. I am really looking for suggestions where to look next.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

What do the event logs show?

Scans for malware trojans?

How much RAM?

Need more information to be of assistance.

Collapse -

by ctrimbath In reply to

i added the info requested but solved the problem on my own. thanks

Collapse -

by entawanabi In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

Its not a good answer but it is the problem that a local business is having: On your recieve side how much security do you have in place 'active'?

Collapse -

by ctrimbath In reply to

security not changed sinmce system was working

Collapse -

by ctrimbath In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

Application Events:

Unable to open the Disk performance object. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

The Open Procedure for service "PerfDisk" in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\perfdisk.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

The open procedure for service "PerfDisk" in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\perfdisk.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

System Events:

A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL server credential.

The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exadmin' for the directory '\\.\BackOfficeStorage' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code.

The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\dsmithpllc.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code.

The server was unable to add the virtual root '/public' for the directory 'M:\dsmithpllc.com\Public Folders' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code.

640MB of Ram

Service Pack 4 installed

I am starting to think hardware problems. Also I installed Firefox on it last night and it runs with no problems.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

Scans for Malware, Adware and Virus come up with nothing.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)