General discussion

SMC 5616 DS

By Midho ·
I have SMC 5616 DS 10/100 16 port hub but don't have any information. I bought it used, so haven't been able to get to the setup page (it's asking for password). Any help with finding some more info, or utility, or at least how to reset it so I can access setup page would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to SMC 5616 DS

http://smc.com/index.cfm?event=downloads.doSearchCriteria&localeCode=EN_USA&knowsPartNumber=false&productCategory=69&userPartNumber=5616ds&modelNumber=699&partNumber=&downloadType=8&os=0

there, smc's download, the manuals, whitepapers, updates.. everything.

Collapse -

by Midho In reply to

Thanks for reply, but I tried SMC's website, and it didn't work: not only there is no part No. that matches mine (i have 720.937 - the website gives you a choice of two 750.3255 and 750.5299), but even if you choose one of those (I was going to try it anyway), you get a message "Sorry, there were no downloads matching your search criteria.". If I could only find out how to reset the hub (I guess previous owner password protected it), I think I'd be able to get it to work.
Thanks again

Collapse -

by Ltop In reply to SMC 5616 DS

from the link that Jaqui gave, under the FAQ section:

What can I do if I forgot my logon password? - 2516
Question

What can I do if I forgot my logon password?

Answer

The AP can be reset to factory default settings, that re-establishing the original default login and password (see manual). There is a reset button on the back panel of the AP. Hold this button for 15 seconds and the AP will restart itslef with default settings.

I dont know if this applies to your unit, or even if there is a reset button on the back, but it costs me nothing to pass it on.

cheers

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)