Question

Terminal Server Access Windows 2003

By elvysb ·
I have two server I installed TS on a server that is not a domain controller, is a member server with Windows 2003 Standart Edition, I have created the users in the other server that is the DC and I need to include this users to the local user group remote desktop on the member server. I can not found the path to find in this member server that is part of the domain the built-in and local groups, I went to Computer Managment and does not appear any option to do that. How can I have access to the built-in local group on the member server? Also I tried to install this snap-in from mmc and does not appear.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

On TS, Computer Management

by Churdoo In reply to Terminal Server Access Wi ...

On the member server, your TS, go to Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups / then Groups, and the Remote Desktop Users group should be there, and you can add your users, or a group as a member of this group.

Another option, if your TS users are already a member of a Security Group in your AD -- On your TS, go to Start / Programs / Administrative Tools / Terminal Services Configuration. Within Terminal Services Configuration, highlight Connections in the left pane; in the right pane, right-click RDP-Tcp / Properties, then go to the Permissions tab and add the AD Group there.
--C

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)