General discussion

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

By johnrfeeney ·
when i start my computer i get the message that new hardware was found and wants to load a driver
a driver isn't needed because it uses the windows cd-rom driver and when i look in device manager there is no yellow exclaimation mark over the DVDhow can i get rid of this annoying message

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

by hippivan69 In reply to Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

I would suggest doing a few things. In your BIOS make sure instead of it saying AUTO iit says cdrom if thats possible. Then when in windows underdevicemanger goto properties of the device, then driver details. do a search for all those files. when you find them physically delete them. then reboot again. and make sure that windows gets the driver for that dvd from toshiba exclusively or from the windows cd. just as long as its not from the drive. if this doesnot resolve your issue. it could be possible that you have another device that isnt installed that windows thinks is. i would suggest getting a program called "regclean" you can get it from microsofts website. or better yet go get a copy of Symantec Systemworks cause its well worth the investment. If you have further questions or concerns feel free to drop me an email

nick

Collapse -

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

by johnrfeeney In reply to Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

performed and none of the suggestions removed this annoying message (God i'm growing to hate it)

Collapse -

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

by mike.myers In reply to Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

Hi,
Did you just replace your CDROM with a DVDROM drive?

Sometimes what happens & this is most often the case with Win98 is that when you replace a bad component(such as a bad CDROM drive or Floppy drive with another one) with a new good component, windows won't remove the original driver but will add a 2nd device driver into your Device Manager list. Then when you check Device Manager & see two components when you know you only have one, you remove the offending component & then continue on. The next time you boot or computer, you get the infamous New Hardware detected & Windows re-installs the driver for the component which isn't there. To correct this, you need to remove both of the drivers not just the one which isn't there. Then when you reboot your computer it will only find the single component.

what happens is that Windows remembers you removed the driver & thinks that it needed to be re-installed & automatically re-installs a driver which isn't needed upon reboot. Mike

Collapse -

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD C2502

Point value changed by question poster.

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)