General discussion

Toshiba Tecra 8000

By kcochrane ·
Need help, Internal Modem Configuration
I’m working on a:
Toshiba TECRA 8000 System Unit Laptop,
Model No. PAT800A KB63
I have not been able to configure the internal modem. Out of frustration I completely reinstalled the operating system (Windows 9 but still the same problems.
Device Manager is storing a PCI Multimedia Device under OTHER! When Plug and Play detects the device as a PCI Multimedia Device it is unable to match a driver, I’ve downloaded the internal modem drivers’ from the Toshiba web page but even when I direct windows to use them I recommends against using them. When I force them the computer hangs and needs Hard booted where it restarts in Safe Mode until I remove the modem drivers. Through all this, Plug and Play detects my PCIMA modem card properly but not the internal modem device. I removed all PCIMA cards and drivers and still was unable to configure PCI Multimedia Device.
Can you provide me with any suggestions or is it possible the board is damaged or the internal modem device.
Thanks for your help,
Kevin Cochrane.
kcochrane0@yahoo.ca

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Toshiba Tecra 8000

by RCOM In reply to Toshiba Tecra 8000

The driver is installed by running setup.EXE so three should be no need to point to the place were the files are located.

There's something I noticed and am not sure if your aware of it. Unless it's the wave device for a voice modem a multimedia device is usually a sound card. Is that there and working?

When detected as other a modem will usually be listed as unknown communications device.

Try running add remove hardware after the device your dealing with is found by plug-n-pray. Then continue with search for non plug-n-pray devices. In some cases a COM port may be found and after that and reboot the modem is recognized.

Here is the link for the Win98 driver,

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=106416&moid=1073769805&BV_SessionID=@@@@0010278472.1031305664@@@@&BV_EngineID=ladcfdejigeebfekcghcfmfdglj.0&ct=DL

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)