Question

Unable to connect to specific resources across 2003 VPN

By Charger14 ·
Hi there

Hope you guys can help because I'm kind of stumped.

We've got a server 2003 box running RRAS on a Server 2003 Domain and a small branch office thats got a Billion VPN router in their office thats connecting to the main office VPN server over PPTP. Main office range is 10.0.37.x/24 and the branch office is 192.168.1.x/24 not the best setup I know but the branch office is small and the client didn't want to shell out for proper hardware VPN equipment. Machines in the branch office are on the domain and authenticating properly.

Now the issue we're having is everything works perfectly, name resolution, RDP, file sharing etc, however specific IP's cannot be connected to or pinged. We had the issue before and it turned out to be that the server had multiple IP ranges, now the question I want to ask is why was that the problem and is it related to our current issue?

Now they implemented a new system and we are unable to ping or connect to its router and server from the branch office, just those two specific IP adresses, everything else is perfect though, other server are connectable, name resolution is working. There are no IP confilcts, that I checked already.

Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)