General discussion

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

By fletch ·
Before I updraded to Netscape 4.73 when I closed Netscape down I got a window that ask me if I wanted to close the modem connection.
Now I do not get that window. Does anyone know how I can get it to come up again so I will be able to close my modem? Thanks...........

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

by James Schroer In reply to Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

I'm not quite sure about Netscape asking to close the modem. Just never seen it, but if you are worried about disconnecting then check the bottom right hand area of you task bar is. Next to the clock there should be either a little icon of a modemor two computers connected togeather. If you double click on eather one it will popup and tell you the status of your connection and it will also give you the option to disconnect from there.

Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

by fletch In reply to Upgrade to Netscape 4.73
Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

by clover252525 In reply to Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

It sounds like you don't have the icon showing in your taskbar. Click on My Computer and Dial-up Networking. Highlight your modem there with a single click, then click on Connections/Settings. Under "When establishing a Dial-up connection" make surethe box is checked, then you will always have a small icon in your taskbar to disconnect with.

clover

Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

by curlergirl In reply to Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

It sounds like you might have been using a version of Netscape that had been customized with a 3rd party dialer. I know some ISPs did this for their customers when they gave them Netscape - it was customized to automatically dial when you opened Netscape and close when you closed the browser. This is not a native function of Netscape, so you probably lost it when you installed the upgrade.

Collapse -

Upgrade to Netscape 4.73

Hurray!!! That's what it was. Thanks so much.

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)