Question

Upgrading a 2000 DC to 2003 DC

By luked ·
Howzit all.

Guys let me start off by describing the setup.

There are currently 6 servers in the enviroment.

1. DC Running AD There is currently no DHCP servers on the network and the machines are running static IP Addresses (Don't ask me why. heheh. Site was handed over to me in this state). There is a DHCP Server on another Domain and is in a Trust relationship with this domain. Trust is going to be broken up today. The DC also Acts as a File Server and the domain is set for Mixed Mode.

2. 2 Exchange servers. 1 exchange is running the mailboxes and the other is holding the data. Both are exchange 5.5 running of Windows 2000.

3. 2 2003 servers. One is holding Images and the other is running a SQL Database.

4. Windows 2000 server running right fax.

This is what needs to happend and I need your help.

1. I need to get the DC Upgraded to Windows 2003. Is there anything special that I have to do? Or is it simply inserting the upgrade CD and upgrading the OS to 2003.(This needs to happend tomorrow night - 07/11/06)

2. Once the above has been done I need to merge the two exchange servers and install Exchange 2003. What is the best way to do this?

Now there are no spare servers everything has to be done on the live servers (already packed my tent). I have a backup system in place with Backup Exec.

One more thing. Is it a good Idea to Run Norton Ghost on the servers and create a image of the DC just in case something happends.

Your help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks to all

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)