Question

Upsizing with MS Access 2003

By ben ·
I've just upsized a MS Access Database, and have set the ODBC connection, but the front end client application still needs to call to the access database. The system works on my local LAN, but when I go to the WAN it says it can't connect to the SQL server. When I open the Access Datbase in access I click on the tables and it times out then prompts me for the SQL admin username and password. How exactly do I get this authentication embedded in Access? Because I know there is a connection because I can go to the ODBC and test the connectivity and it's good, and when I open the SQL table from Access after I enter the username and password it's opend the tables from the SQL with all of the data. I've read about connection strings, but I don't know where to put that into Access. I just don't understand why does it work when I'm on the local LAN, but when I want it to go over the WAN it failes to connect without supplying the username and password? Can someone please help me, I know it's very simple to overcome, but I just don't know enough.

-Ben

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)