Question

Using Windows NT Server - Need Windows 2003 or Windows 2007

By dvalenzuela ·
hi, I happen to have a poweredge 1400 server which is limited to space its only using 3.99GB on C: drive, but on drive it has 80GB and its sharing off the network. I realize that this windows nt server I have to literly change at some point in time, and soon. So my question is what Server do you recommend I purchased for my elementary school district we only use 1 for sharing applications and the other e-mail server that we have is running on windows 2003 standard edition it works fine. Also, if I need to backup my windows nt server any suggestions on how to run a backup, I do happen to have a tape backup drive, I do run maintenance everyday when I go to work so. Any suggestions anyone. Southern California Technology Consultant, David V.

I welcome all your responses thank you!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Minnesota database of drivers information design to use over the internet

Set up in the year of 2000 using advance server 2000. I'm going to upgrade my 3
servers to 2007. The bad part of my current
server which I just had on one server is that
you do not trust the tape drive. Go to a
mirror image of the disk for your os and programs. Upgrade it only when you put on a
new program or patches or once in every 3 months. Make sure you try the back up disk.
DO NOT USE TAPES..
I HAVE 1000 CORPORATIONS COMING TO MY SITE AND JUST GOING TO ADD ON 3-5,000 MORE CORPORATIONS THIS YEAR.

MY HARDWARE PERSON HANDLES 165 SEREVERS IN MN, AND MY PROGRAMER HANDLES THE LARGEST HMO IN MN WITH BRANCHES IN NEVEDA AND OREGON.

ALSO. I USE .NET AND SQL
EVERYTHING IS DONE USING A PROCALL AND PROCUDERS AS I ALSO AM GOING INTO IOWA AND MO.

GOOD LUCK,
BEEN DOING THIS SINCE 1980...

JOHN

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)