Question

Virtual PC2007 & VirtualBox

By Healer ·
I set up Virtual PC 2007 on the Vista Ultimate partition. I installed XP Pro to the virtual machine. Internet and connection to other computers in the local network seem to work fine though connections from other computers to the virtual machine do not seem to work. However, there does not seem to be a way of sharing files between the host operating system and guest operating system.

I also set up VirtualBox on the Windows 7 Ultimate partition. There is a shared folder set up before installation of the operating system. However, I can't find it anywhere from Windows Explorer in the virtual operating system which is also XP Pro with SP3.

The Internet was working when started, not the local network though. Somehow it got the IP address 10.0.2.15, 255.255.255.0, 10.0.2.2 as gateway even though the properties of the TCP/IP was set to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically. I was expecting it would get from the local router. The local router is 192.168.0.1. I set to use the IP address and DNS server related to the local network. Then it wouldn't connect to Internet and local network still wouldn't work.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)