General discussion

VPN ERROR 412

By isoro ·
SECURE VPN CONNECTION TERMINATED LOCALLY BY CLIENT REASON-412 REMOTE PEER NO LONGER RESPONDING
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHY THIS MESSAGE COMES UP WHEN TRYING TO CONNECT THROUGH VPN. THANKS

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to VPN ERROR 412

The 412 error is a password authentication error generally.

Try changing your transport options. From the VPN Client startup screen, select the correct VPN and click Modify. Under the Transport tab, check off Enable Transparent Tunneling. Use the default IPSec over TCP w/ TCP Port 10000.

In addition, make sure the client PC's are not running any firewall software locally.

Collapse -

by guleria.vineet In reply to VPN ERROR 412

what kind of an internet connection are you using and please tell me the ISP and the make of the modem/router as well!!

Collapse -

by dilett In reply to

I am getting the exact same problem.
It was all working fine up until 2 weeks ago, even though nothing has changed.
I have AOL broadband with a Netgear router.
I can connect fine using a dial up connection so it's definately the router that's the problem.
Rang AOL and Netgear but neither were much use. They just tried to pass the book saying it wasn't their problem.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Collapse -

by info In reply to VPN ERROR 412

Have you tried turning of you firewall in Win XP? It might the culprit in this case.

Collapse -

by edstiles In reply to

I have seen this also. Try adding this line to the end of your .PCF file:

UseLegacyIKEPort=1

Collapse -

THANK You THANK you THANK You

by dbcm In reply to

I have one particluar client that I have been struggling with for over 6 months to connect to (others working fine) which has cost me endless hours travelling / traffic. I try this, came accross purely by luck, clicked on wrong line, IT WORKED FIRST TIME !!!!

Thanks again....

Derrick

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)