General discussion

VPN Event ID 20049

By Delete Account-2610897 ·
Recently, I upgraded and/or replace some windows 2000 Pro computer with Window XP and now they cannot connet to the VPN server. When I check the Server logs I see the below Event 20049. Currently all workstations still running windows 2000 pro can connect to the VPN server at this time.

Event I 20049
"The user connected to port VPN3-127 has been disconnected because the authentication process did not complete within the required amount of time."

I'm using Cisco 2600 router. My server is Windows ISA Server 2000. The server is behind the Cisco 2600 router. The Cisco 2600 router is configured with a fixed IP address and the client is using dynamic IP. I already configured the router to forward the port 1723 to my server's IP address.
Then, when the Windows XP clients login to the VPN server, it get to verify the username and password. After that, a pop-up message said Error 721 the Remote Computer did not respond.

I have watched the connections on both sides at the same time and both computers acknowledge a connection has been established, yet I still get this error.

This error matches one that is discussed in KB191854 for Windows NT, The KB also mentions that this applies to Windows 2000 also but does not give a Fix for the problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)