Question

Web based authentication for network users. DSA-3100 replacement

By ryanjcaldwell ·
Is there a method of for using a Windows 2003 server as a gateway that uses web based form authentication?

I am hoping to come up with a software based replacement for a D-link DSA-3100

Here is the scenario:

All company staff computers have DHCP reservations that give them a 192.168.x.x/16 IP and gateway. They then have full access to the network but have to authenticate through our sonicwall gateway for internet access.

Guest users get a 10.168.1.x/24 IP and gateway of 10.168.1.1 (DSA-3100) and a guest login and password. They need to authenticate through the gateway to get network access then authenticate again for internet access. (the double authentication is planned)

Problem is the DSA-3100 does not work with Safari 2.x on OS X Tiger (known problem, no fix) So I am now faced with replacing the dsa-3100 with a new gateway/authentication device. I would like to find a way to use one of our servers to become an authentication gateway for the guest users. (we really don't have the money to spend on a equipment at this time) We have two Windows Server 2003 boxes and one Windows Server 2000 box. I currently using RADIUS authentication (IAS) through a 2003 box for both authentications.

Is there a method of for using a Windows 2003 server as a gateway that uses web based form authentication?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ryan

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums