General discussion

What of memory does a Dell GMT 133 use?

By gypsyroo ·
This was a pretty popular computer so I'm guessing someone knows or knows where i can ask. Pleas help. I need a memory upgrade. Any help is appriciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mtg289 In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

Go to pricewatch.com and check the memory pages they have websites that can help you. You could go to a memory site and send them an email to ask them. Send me an email let me know how you make out.

Collapse -

by gypsyroo In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by avachon In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

Hi, a P133 probably is using simms (with either gold plated or tin plated connectors). You can go to www.crucial.com (huge memory site) and they will step you through a couple of questions to determine the exact memory match for your computer. If you do not see your specific computer's make listed, you can e-mail them. You also can go to dell's site and they will have info. on the type of memory (www.dell.com) hope this helps.

Collapse -

by avachon In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

Hi, I own a dell T500 and that machine uses Siemens for memory. I have used crucial memory with no problems. As for dell, yes, you can buy memory from them direct, but the price difference is very wide. Crucial also guarantees comptability with yoursystem.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by NO1KING In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

Dell uses proprietary memory chips, and does not recommend using any other RAM in their machines. You can still check out their website, and see what the memory specs are for that system, and purchase it directly from Dell sales, or from Dell Ware,at www.gigabuys.com. They also have a spare parts department, which will also have memroy upgrades for their systems. You may be able to find other memory that will fit in the system, but it is not guarenteed to work.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by amystri In reply to What of memory does a Del ...

Goto www.pny.com and check their online configurator for your system.........your system probably takes 72pin EDO SIMMS (you have to buy them in pairs).

C.D.

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)